“The hypothesis that we address, the theory that we have, is that we are in the midst of a Digital Revolution. When in the future, the children of our children’s children review a history book, we are going to be the leading generation of a transcendental chapter. Just like the rise of agriculture, the creation of modern states or the Industrial Revolution, the process we are experiencing is transforming humanity forever hand in hand with digitalization.”Luciano Tirelli – Digital JUMP Director
With this phrase we present the Famago Digital Challenge live for the first time. A social selling training project for salespeople from one of the leading commercial equipment companies in the country, in which they competed to become #1 in digital sales.
This is how 61 vendors who are experts in traditional sales, who walk the streets every day looking for new customers, decided to embark on this program with the ambition that characterizes them and the desire, this time, to conquer digital spaces. Was it a Challenge? Sure, in every way. People who have been developing and perfecting their sales skills over the years now also create content for social networks. They knew they had to make the leap to be where their customers are. And for them nothing is impossible, they have it in their DNA. They are competitive and always go for more. Spoiler alert: Of course they applied what they learned and boosted their sales!
About the project
“How will you discover new opportunities in one of the most important moments of transformation in human history? Do you manage the change or do you let the change manage you?”GERD LEONHARD
Famago is a family company with 14 branches distributed throughout the country, with more than 20 years of experience and a unique culture. For 4 years we have been working together on a growth strategy through online channels, not only to generate brand recognition and reach new audiences, but also to have a presence in the digital contact points of its customers.
In this company, in which each salesperson is a fundamental gear for the whole machinery to work, they were detecting the need to develop their social networks to gain a presence in the lives of their clients. As at Digital JUMP we like to think big and propose solutions that break the mold, we saw the possibility of building new opportunities for the future by turning them into social sellers so that they could sell more, but always taking care of and relying on the brand.
Thus, through 4 virtual classes and a Master Class, we train them with a focus on:
- Create and/or improve your accounts on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp aligned to the institutional profile.
- Build community.
Generate your own relevant content for your audiences and interact with them.
- Communicate effectively to meet the fears and expectations of your followers.
- Guide content and segment audiences to gain reach.
- Use the features of WhatsApp to streamline the sales process and provide the best possible experience to your customers.
And true to our values, this training had a goal and our whole commitment was to ensure that each of the sellers had their social networks configured and working. That is why, in addition, they had a virtual classroom to download the contents and relive the classes, 24-hour support. via WhatsApp, consultation hours so that they could raise doubts and concerns and micro challenges in which the correct implementation of what they had learned was evaluated. All in a competition framework in which the participants were awarded points for achieving results!
The Digital JUMP
At least 40% of all businesses will die in the next 10 years if they don’t figure out how to change their entire company to accommodate new technologies.JOHN CHAMBERS, EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN CISCO, 2020
As part of the closing of the program, we participated in the National Integration Convention in which we reviewed the results of the project, the director of Digital JUMP (Luciano Tirelli) gave a Master Class, we presented the prizes to the winners and we were finally able to meet face to face. face with the students. All that in one day!
We collect some testimonials from the protagonists of this transformation and select our favorite phrases:
- “I learned a lot. Things I thought I knew and didn’t know anything about.”
- “It serves to sell more. I can assure you of that because I have had Facebook for years, which referred me to other places, but now that I have learned, I go to specific clients. I spent the entire last month visiting specific clients.”
- “My first month of net sales was last month. And this month, my first sale, a very good sale, was a Face contact.”
- “It helped me to sell more, to be more in contact with my clients and offer them the work I do for them.”
- “We must seek to integrate physical sales with digital sales to strengthen the four legs of sales. It is one more tool. As for the mechanic, the elevator is one more tool, this (social networks) does not come to replace, but to integrate the management of the sale”.
- “I use it now and I have much more clients. Even WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger invades you…”.
Taking the leap is only for the brave. Cliche? Zero. Jumping is not just taking a step and seeing what happens. Jumping is having the strength to take the step, the commitment not to let yourself fall, and the confidence of knowing that on the other side there is a long way to go. Congratulations to Famago and to all the companies that dare to jump!
For us, this adventure showed us the need for training in commercial teams. This program confirmed for us the power of training when it takes place in order, with clear guidelines and in the framework of a game. Many more challenges are coming. This is just the beginning.